Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Raising the Dead in Me

Twenty-four oceans
Twenty-four skies
Twenty-four failures
And twenty-four tries
Twenty-four finds me
In twenty-fourth place
With twenty-four drop outs
At the end of the day
I had listened to these words countless times, but they didn't come to
life until I heard Jon Foreman explain the circumstances under which
they were written.
There's twenty-four reasons
To admit that I'm wrong
With all my excuses
Still twenty-four strong
Written the night before his 25th birthday, these reflective lyrics are 
sobering yet hopeful.
But I want to be one today
Centered and true
I'm singing "Spirit, take me up in arms with You"
You're raising the dead in me
Oh, oh I am the second man
Oh, oh I am the second man now
And you're raising the dead in me

1 comment:

Proutster said...

Great Band... *laughing* i never realized exactly what that song was about till now. Heh, I guess i have the bad habit of focusing somtimes so much on the musical creation that the vocals are little more then another musical line.

Love the Blog name! Fantastical in fact. Monkeys have been left alone and out of print for far too long! Is there a particular pair of slippers that are monkeys or is just an expression? Either way cheers!

-Proutster