Friday, March 24, 2006

Two College Students Reside in Local 24-Hour Grocery Store

Many people pass through aisle 13 every day, but few call it home. However, two college students were found perched upon the shelves last Wednesday night.

"These shelves are much more comfortable than the beds in my dorm room," remarked Libby Greene of Grove City College. "Plus, when I'm up late writing a paper, in desperate need of caffeine, all I have to do is reach up to the shelf above me. Then I ring a little bell and the cashier comes over so I can pay for my pop. It's so convenient!"

Lindsey Carner, of Mt. Vernon Nazarene University, prefers the chip shelf. "I wish we had a 24-hour supermarket near my school where I could live," asserts Carner. "There's nothing like the bustle, the halogen lighting, and the corny soft rock of a grocery store to fall asleep to. It sends you right off to dreamland."

Aside from the comfort of their metal shelves, Greene and Carner also find that the grocery store environment provides a plethora of entertainment options...

Just kidding.

The end.


P.S. I've come to terms with the fact that I am not cut out for journalism.

4 comments:

James said...

You are weird.

Anonymous said...

Libby, why didn't we think of this earlier. I mean, free room and board, unlimited supply of caffeine and bulk candy, all intervis all the time...

Who needs the apartments when we have County Market.

Anonymous said...

I too am in AWE...of what 4 years of college has taught you. Seriously, I am glad that you can have fun doing nothing, Libby. I think that's one of your best personality traits. You are fun!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are priceless.