Saturday, November 20, 2004

Thanksgiving break!

Home again, home again...

Today I fell in love with my mom's green bean casserole all over again. It's the best thing ever. If I had to limit my diet to a few chosen foods for the rest of my life, green bean casserole would definitely make the cut. It's so deceptive though, because I'm like, "yeah I'm eating green beans," ignoring the fact that everything else in the recipe is not so healthy. Oh well, I guess that's why we only have it on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

So I get home today and my mom immediately starts grilling me about getting everything ready for Greece. It's like, "HI LIBBY - you're home early! Now, how much money do you want to exchange into Euros before you leave for Greece? Where are you going to get the Euros? Do you need to buy a certain kind of phone card?..." The list goes on, and on, and on. My mom is so cool though, because she is super organized and thinks of EVERYTHING ahead of time. It is such a gift. I can make fun of her for it, but in actuality I'd like to be more like my mom in that regard.

This week should be very interesting. I hope to find a balance between the mountains of homework that await me in my room and the overwhelming task of packing for an entire semester in Athens, Greece. 9 days doesn't seem so long anymore. :) But it will be good.

I am really starting to get excited about being in Greece for a semester, but not because I think it's going to be super fun, exotic, and exciting. I know that God is sending me to Athens, and I am excited to see Him at work. When I am weak, He is strong. And I can't wait to see His strength, provision, and faithfulness demonstrated in a very personal and powerful way. It's almost counterintuitive to desire to be vulnerable and "out of my comfort zone" in order to see God glorified in my weakness. But the Messiah coming to earth as a baby, living a humble life, and suffering an incredibly painful death was counterintuitive. Giving of oneself is counterintuitive. But all those things are good, so the problem lies in our intuition...

Well "dudes," enjoy your BREAK!!! Thanks for tuning in once again. Over and out.

~Lib

Song of the day: "Be That Way" - Go Fish

No comments: